What is are email viruses?
- Email viruses are sent to you via email attachments or hyperlinks to your emails.
- They are codes or programs that can cause harm such as deleting files, encrypting files and or re-emailing this harmful attachment or link to all your email contacts.
How can you be protected?
- Make sure there is a strong antivirus program is installed on your computer.
- As a policy do not open attachments with the file extensions such as:
- If you are not sure about any attachment, please contact your IT for an advice.
- Refer to the attached image. It is an example of one of the emails we received from one of our customers.
How can we help you?
- If you receive such an email and if you are not sure simply contact us and we are here to help you.
The attached image is one of the examples.